Life has been anything but normal this spring and we sincerely hope you and your family are in good health. We are happy to inform you that we are now able to provide dental care once again. The Ministry of Health has lifted the restrictions placed back in March. While many things have changed since then, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
Our office has always followed strict infection control standards and to keep us all protected during this pandemic and in the future, we have updated our protocols. When we see you at your next appointment, things will be a little different.
- We will ask some screening questions before your appointment and you will be asked those same questions again when you're in the office.
- Your temperature will also be taken before admittance into the office.
- You will be asked to wait outside our office or in your car and call us when you arrive, then wait for a call back to let you know when you can enter the office. You will only be allowed to enter the office when the operator and operatory are prepared.
- Only the patient will be admitted into the office unless ONE parent is escorting a child, or someone needs to escort a patient requiring extra help.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the clinic. There are more dispensers around the office for you to use as needed.
- You will be asked to wear a mask to the office and to remain wearing it until we are ready to proceed with treatment, and then to wear the mask when exiting the office.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or children's toys since those items are difficult to fully disinfect.
- Appointments will be spaced out to allow for physical distancing between patients. That might mean less flexibility for scheduling your appointment, but it will also reduce the number of patients in the office at any one time.
- You may be surprised that we are wearing more protective gear - such as masks, face shields and gowns - than we normally do during your visit.
- Expect that your appointment will be longer than usual as we get used to these new protocols, Personal Protective Equipment, and routines.
- Hygienists will only be hand scaling for an undetermined amount of time in order to reduce the aerosols produced by the cavitrons.
We look forward to seeing you again. If you have any questions, please let us know. To make an appointment, call our office at 519-649-7228 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your patience and loyalty throughout this ordeal. We value your trust and look forward to welcoming you back!
The Team at King Edward Dentistry